8/3/2020 update: A digital graphic novel version of my language reader “Alicia” is now available. I created this product with the help of my friend Claudia Rodriguez, and the amazing Kristina Sánchez Mills recorded the narration. Kristina is a Costa Rican artist based in Chattanooga TN and I am just thrilled to have her authentic voice telling this story.
I will be teaching 5th, 6th, and 7th graders next school year and while I am beyond excited about it, part of me was a bit sad I would not be able to use my own CI novels with them. So, I designed a graphic novel version of “Alice”. I love it so much I decided to create an entire package out of it and share it with you! The best news is that you can use this package online or in the classroom.
Based on the language reader “Alice”, this graphic novel version was specifically created to meet the need of several audiences:
1) Students who are not ready to read an entire language reader on their own: this graphic novel is 10 pages long and contains simple language, repetitions, cognates, and lots of highly attractive visuals.
2) Teachers who are looking to use “Alice” as a class novel and need tools to scaffold the reading for their students. The package contains Picture talk and predictions before reading, a google slideshow of the graphic novel, and a recorded narration by the author. For more (free) resources, please click here.
3) Teachers who want to provide simple but interesting stories for their students during Free Voluntary Reading OR Teachers who already have “Alice” in their classroom library and want to provide differentiated reading for the same story during Free Voluntary Reading. The package contains a printable version for your classroom library.
So to recap, this package contains:
1. Full color pdf graphic novel
2. Less color pdf graphic novel
3. Google slides graphic novel
4. Recorded narration by the author – me 🙂
5. Recorded narration for each page/slide
6. Picture Talk and Predictions Google Slides using full color illustrations
7. Book illustrations in full color as PNG images to be used at your discretion
Copyright @ 2020 Cécile Lainé
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission in writing from Cécile Lainé. Teachers who purchase this product are allowed to share it with their own students, in print or electronically, providing no one else can access it.
[…] You can find Alice, Alicia, Khadra, Camille, the 2019-2020 Petit Journal Francophone articles, the simplified digital graphic novels for Alice and Alicia and more novels and texts by independent authors. If you choose to subscribe to E-Lit, use the code […]