Looking for songs?
- musiqueradio (more indy)
- Le Top 100 (more mainstream)
- Frenchmusicblog (good source of francophone music you can buy in the US)
- Musique Mercredi (FB group with lots of songs, activities, etc.)
What to do with songs?
I have transitioned to a new, more efficient format:
- Monday: I tell my students the story of the artist and/or the song and/or the video clip. Always a story on Monday and then we watch the clip together! Sometimes I do a cultural activity on the video.
- The rest of the week: I give my students a cloze version of the lyrics (including English translation). Each day they listen to the song once and complete the cloze.
- Friday: We complete the cloze together, and if they are up for it, we sing our song of the week!
Artists in alphabetical order
(This list is not up-to-date, sorry)
- Amir “J’ai cherché” (2016): lyrics with cloze
- Angele “Tout oublier” (2018): lyrics with cloze
- Big Flo et Oli “Dommage” (2017) : lyrics with cloze
- Bilal Hassani “Roi” (2019): lyrics with cloze
- Black M “Je suis chez moi” (2016): lyrics with cloze
- DJ Kayz, Wassila, Scridge “Le jour J” (2018): lyrics with cloze
- Gregory Lemarchal “De temps en temps (2007): lyrics with cloze
- Indila “Tourner dans le vide” (2015): storyboard, story script, lyrics with cloze
- Khaled “Aicha” (1996): lyrics with cloze
- Kids United Mama Africa (2017): Angelique Kidjo; lyrics with cloze + cultural activity
- Louane “immobile” (2018): lyrics with cloze
- Louane “je vole” (2015): lyrics with cloze
- Maitre GIM’s “La même” (2018): character and unconscious bias analysis, lyrics with cloze
- Vincent Vallieres “On va s’aimer” (2011): lyrics with cloze
- Zaz “Sous le ciel de Paris” (2015): lyrics with cloze
(photo @ Suzanne Schols)