With more and more teachers offering independent reading time in their classrooms and more and more independent authors self publishing their books, there is an ongoing need for qualified French copy editors and proofreaders! If you want to contribute to the success of French language learner literature, then this training program is for you.
Teachers who have:
- Native or solid mastery of the French language and French writing conventions
- An eye for detail
- A knack for both big-picture and in-depth reading and re-reading of texts
We will develop skills in the following areas of text editing, using actual manuscripts excerpts:
- Language & Formatting
- Fact checking & Story checking
In this hands-on program, you will proofread and copy edit excerpts from several manuscript and one entire manuscript, and submit your edits to me as you mentor. I will review your edits and make recommendations to help you hone your skills.
- Contribute to the quality and success of French language learner literature
- Upon successful completion of the certification exam, I will personally recommend you to the authors I have worked with over the past few years
- Get paid $30-$35 per hour
The program costs $65 (which you will earn back after 2-3 hours of copy editing or proofreading!)
Over a 3-week period from June 29 to July 19, 2020.
Each week will consist of:
- One group meeting via Zoom to discuss a specific topic (date/time to be determined with the group)
- Some self study (reading/viewing)
- Individual work on actual manuscript excerpts
- Email exchange with me about your work
There will also be a final certification exam. You will need to pass the certification exam in order to receive my recommendation.
Plan for approximately 4-5 hours of work each week.
THE JUNE-JULY CLASS IS NOW FULL.
Interested in future copy editing & proof reading training?
Please fill out this registration form